A trek in the Everest region is now considered to be one of the best journeys in the world, combining a strenuous trek with extremely rewarding cultural and ecological experiences. To make your journey exclusive, we take you to the little visited/ less explored Renjo-La Pass, which lies at 5,360m. We go off- the- beaten -track for about 3 days on this 9 days trek, and it is worth every minute, where you experience authentic Sherpa Culture, relatively untouched by the hustle of tourism in the main circuit. We stay in Sherpa homes in Thamo,Thame and Phortse, these are stunning villages of world`s Guinness book record holder Sherpas by Everest climbing. Mr. Appa Sherpa ,who is from Thame Village (3,800 m), who is holding a world record in Guinness book for many years.....had summited the Mt.Everest for 21 times till 2011 ! The route lies in the highest wildlife reserve in the world, the Sagarmatha National Park. It covers an area of 1,148 sq. km of Himalayan ecological zone. The park altitudes range from 2,745m at Monju to the top of the world, UNESCO sites enlisted, the park as a World`s Natural Heritage Site in 1979 for its unique natural, cultural and landscape characteristics. A trek in this region takes one to the foothills of the mightiest of the mountains in the world. En route, one traverses through rhododendron,Spruce and pines forests, rivers, Sherpa villages and Buddhist Monasteries from temperate to snow line regions. There are roughly about 4,000 people are living inside the park.
The Himalayas are the best seen on this trek as one traces the main route through the Khumbu region from the Sherpa town of Namche Bazaar( 3,440 m), a gate way to World` tallest mountain,Everest ( 8,848 m /29,028 ft). Trekkers get a close view of the world's greatest mountains, Everest (8,848 m), Lhotse(8,516 m), Nuptse(7,879 m), Makalu (8,463 m) ,Cho-Oyu (8,201 m) ,Ama Dablam (6,856 m),Thamserku(6,623 m) Tawache Peak (,6540 m) Cholotse (6,441 m) and others many more...... . The view from Renjo - La Pass & Gokyo Ri (5,360 m) View Point are superb in a 360 degree angles. Without dout, the best View in the world ! The region is very rich in Sherpa culture who were migrating here from east Tibet in different dates. There are several monasteries in the region. The region`s famous monastery is known as Tengboche Monastery .There is a great Buddhist festival called Mani Rimdu which falls in late October .
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Hotel transfer & free day for look around
Day 02: Visit Kathmandu valley / City Sightseeing (4 sites to be visited ) , prepare for final departure
Day 03: Kathmandu ( 1,350 m.) – Lukla ( 2,846 m) – Monjo(2,750 m). Early morning flight to Lukla, from where we start our trek. After breakfast, we trek 5-5.30 hours to reach the village of Monjo. Overnight in Monjo
Day 04: Monjo –Thamo ( 3,440 m). After breakfast we trek to Thamo via Namche Bazaar(3,440 m). The trek will be around 5-5.30 hours with stop over in Namche Bazaar. Thamo is same altitude as Namche Bazaar. Or ,Option : staying in Nache Bazar & on rest day head to Thamo village (3,450 m)
Day 05: Thamo – Thame (3,800 m / 2 hrs) . This day is meant for acclimatization and hence we do not embark on any serious trekking. Instead ,we go to a slightly lower altitude of Thame, the birthplace of Tenzing Norgay, the first man on Everest. We conduct some sightseeing of the monastery there and generally rest.
Day 06: Thame – Lungden (4,380m). Today we start our serious high altitude trekking. We walk for about 4 hours through a stunning landscape on an old trade route to Tibet to the village of Lungden. This village has only one lodge and very aptly called the Renjo- La Support Lodge
Day 07: The High Pass: Lungden – Renjo-La (5,360m) – Gokyo (4,775m / 6-7 hrs). The big day starts real early and it is a long day, as we have to walk about 4-4.30 hours to reach the pass, going slow because of the high altitude. After a brief stop over to enjoy the stunning beauty of the Everest Range and take photographs, we start on a remarkably difficult downhill journey for about 3 hours to reach the village of Gokyo walk along the stunning and beautiful Dudh Kunda (milky Lake). A splendid superb view of 4 mopuntains over 8,000 m & view of 360 degree.
Day 08: Gokyo Ri (5,360m) and Returned back to Gokyo Lake & rest day after a long day. Unlike the Kalapatthar hill from Lobuche, the foot of Gokyo- Ri lies five minutes away from the stream the feeds the Gokyo Lake. After two to three hours "huff and puff" you reach the summit not to be disappointed for your effort at all, as the views from here are well worth the effort you put in.Mt. Everest (8,848m), Mt. Lhotse ( 8,6-516 m)showing more of it's northern flank than from Kalapatthar, with Mt.Makalu (8,463m) further to the east and Mt.Cho- Oyu (8,201m) towards the north make a mesmerizing view to watch. Return back to Gokyo Ri after spending a wonderful break at the summit.
Day 09: Gokyo – Phortse/ Forche Village (3,750 m). It takes 6-7 hours of walking to reach the very beautiful village of Phortse. This village has over 23 Everest summiteers, and you meet a lot of them right there in the village. The village is famous for its tolerance and conservation of wildlife, so sights of Musk Deer and pheasants is common to see here. Phortse Village is promoted as the Eco Tourism,hanging valley of two Glacier river ( Dudh koshi & imja Khola /stream ), a shadow village of Gokyo & kalapattar Valley, very beautiful & quiet village in terms of flow of trekkers.
Day 10: Phortse – Namche Bazaar 3,440 m). We now start our returned from the Everest Region to trek about 4-5 hours to reach Namche Bazaar (3,440 m) through Khumjung, a lovely village with excellent bakeries and restaurants.This village is the biggest sherpa village in the region & promoted as the " Green Valley " in the region.
Day 11: Namche Bazaar -Lukla Via Monju & phakding (2,652 m) ,it takes about 6-7 hrs.
Day 12: Lukla – Kathmandu. Early morning, fly from Lukla to Katmandu on a twin Otter, a small aircraft,then transfer to Hotel & rest of the day is free day.
Day 14: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley (Bhaktapur Durbar Square & Patan Durbay square )
Day 15: Departure from kathmandu to next destination.
Note : We could take more time to go Renjo-La & Gokyo Ri . while coming back,we walk more hrs. Also,if possible, allocate an extra day for flying in or out from Lukla.
* Airport Pick Up & drop off by private vehicle
* 4 Nights Hotel Accomodation in Kathmandu , 3 star Category (Tibet Guest House or similar standard ) , on B/B basis.
* 2 full days city sightseeing in kathmandu Valley (4 sites + 2 sites= 6 sites ) / private vehicle & professional tour guide
* Both ways Air fares ( Kathmandu-Lukla & Lukla -Kathmandu )
* Both ways Air Fares for Local staffs ( Guide & porter/s )
* Surface transfer by private Vehicle (Hotel-Airport-Hotel )
* All Trekking permits (Trekking permit /TIMS Registraction Card & Everest / Sagarmatha National Park Entry permit )
* An Experienced Trek Leader/Guide & required No. of porter/s
* Lodge / Guest House Accomodation ( standard ) on trek
* All meals : 3 meals a day ( Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner with a cup of tea/coffee / seasonal fresh fruit salad)
* Trekking Equipment for client/s ( Down Jacket & 4 seasonal Sleeping Bag ( Rented ), which are required to returned back to company after complete the trip )
* Trekking Equipment for porter/s (Shoes, warm Jacket ,Trouser etc.)
* Insurance / security for local trekking staffs
* All Government & Local Taxes
* All necessery official paper works
* First Aid -Kit Box/ Bag
* T-shirt & Certificate of complete the trek as a sovenier / memory
* Emergency or Rescue Evacuation Arrangement Service & pre-deposit for Helicopter ( Porter`s back,Horse`s back & Helicopter ) ,if required or wanted /wished
* Nepal Visa Fee,photographs & Air Fares to & from Kathmandu
* Meals in Kathmandu (Lunch & Dinner )
* Monuments / Temples /Monasteries Entrance Fees in kathmandu as well as in the mountain
* Personal Nature Expanses ( telephone calls,cyber bills,laundry service,bar bills, bottle/boiled water,pots of hot drinks,hot shower ( on trek ) ,extra porter etc )
* All kinds of an alcoholic drinks,soft & cold drinks
* Travel & rescue Insurance
* Tips for the all Trekking Crews ( Guide & porter/s )
* Emergency or Rescue Evacuation cost /charge ,if required
* Others than what are included in the cost include section