The main attractions of NAM- TSO lake treks are nomad life, monasteries, the holy salt Lake, NAM-Tso excursion, high pass Largen- La (4,970m) & Camping in Tibet.
The Nam-Tso Lake trek starts from Lhasa to the famous salt Lake in Tibet "Nam-Tso". It is situated 190 km north of Lhasa. Nam-Tso Lake is the sanctuary of many species of migrating birds and other local birds. Thus lake is second largest salt Lake in Tibet. Nam-Tso Lake trek across the Nyenclien Thangla Mountains to pebbled shores of holy Nam-Tso Lake takes 6 to 7 days of walking.
Day 01 :Arrival in Kathmandu /Hotel Transfer
Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Day 03 :Fly from Kathmandu to Gonggar Airport and drive to Lhasa Overnight at Hotel
Day 04 : Lhasa ,sightseeing. Visit Drepung, Sera Monastery and Norbulingkha (summer palace of the Dalai Lama)
Day 05 : Drive to Nizhong; arrange yak for trekking. Overnight in tented camp
Day 06-11 :Trek to Nam-tso Lake. Overnight in tented camp.
Day 12 : Explore around Namtso Lake. At 4,718 metres, Nam-tso (Lake) is approximately 190km north of Lhasa. Its salty water has a stunning shade of turquoise. Overnight in tented camp
Day 13 : Drive back to Lhasa and transfer to Hotel.
Day 14 :Drive to Gonggar Airport and fly back to Kathmandu
Day 15 : Free day in Kathmandu
Day 16 ; Departure from Kathmandu
Note ; One could do this trip one way drive or both way drive too instead of both way flying ! It takes more days though.
*Airport Pick Up & Drop Off by Private Vehicle
* Airfare between kathmandu Lhasa-Kathmandu ( 2 flights each participant )
*Tibet Travel Permit
* Chinese visa fee
* Monasteries entrance fees
* Land transfer as per itinerary
* An English-speaking guide( Tibetan)
* Necessery Numbers of Trekking Staffs & Camping Equipments
* All Accommodation as per the itinerary.
* All meals during Tibet Trek (Breakfast, Lunch& Dinner)
*All Government & Local taxes.
*All official Paper works.
* Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley ( Optional too )
* Emergency Rescue Evacuation Arrangement Service ( Jeep or Horse ),in case of required.
* Monuments Entrance Fees in Kathmandu Valley.
* All Meals in Kathmandu
* Airport tax at any Airport
* Travel insurance
* Nepal visa Fee & Re-entry Visa fee
* Expenses of personal nature (such as laundry service,telephone call, beverages, alcoholic drinks, etc.
* Tipping for Trekking Staffs.
* Emergency Evacuation Charges,in case of required !
* Other than what are included.